MÀNG ĐỊA CHẤT BGM
- Thông tin chi tiết
Thông tin chi tiết
Bituminous Geomembrane (BGM liner)
Bituminous geomembrane, known as BGM liner, is a specialty geomembrane with composite layers that make it stronger, more watertight and more durable than resin based geomembranes. Its layers consists of an anti-root film with a glass mat providing high tensile strength; a non-woven geotextile that provides mechanical resistance to punctures and tears; and finally a specially designed elastomeric or blown bituminous binder provides waterproofing and chemical resistance. On the top surface, an applied “sanding” provides greater friction with overlaying soils contributing to better stability.
Bituminous geomembrane or BGM liner is used in civil infrastructure construction projects, hydraulic applications, and environmental protection applications. Because BGM liner is flexible it can adapt to any ground contour and absorb differential settlement. It can also support ballast, hot asphalt mix, and many other materials without special protection. Additionally, BGM liner can be used in conjunction with concrete, gabions or rocks.
This material has a long watertightness life and effectively resists leaching of contaminants, making it an ideal solution for waste containment.
Benefits of BGM Liner:
- High puncture resistance and can be laid on a substrate which is not specially prepared.
- Can be installed directly over the prepared mineral sealing bottom layer allowing a large cost saving for the ponds.
- Low thermal expansion coefficient so it can remain exposed to the elements.
- Can be installed at low temperatures such as -30°C (-22°F).
- Installation is relatively fast and is less dependent on weather conditions, extending the construction season.
- Excellent resistance to aging.
- Resistant to root penetration.
- Resistant to numerous chemical agents depending on the concentration.
- Easy anchoring and joining to concrete structures.
Common BGM Liner Applications:
- Mine tailings ponds
- Mine caps
- Wastewater containment ponds
- Concrete dams
- Concrete and earthen canals
- Settling basins
- Embankment dams