|Hydro One Membrane for MBR ApplicationThe recent development of less expensive and more efficient hollow fiber membrane from Hydro One
has generated new concept in membrane filtration application.
- It is capable of separating both insoluble solids in the process fluid (bacteria, viruses, colloids and suspended
solids) as well as higher molecular weight soluble organics, where nominal pore sizes ranging from 0.1~0.01
- The Hollow Fiber Membranes are used to construct the Immersed Type MBR Membrane.
The membrane capillaries are long, flexible and extremely durable. These membranes are “clamped” into top
and bottom distribution tubes, and will be assembled into as a membrane module.
- Membranes are immersed directly into the mixed liquor of the biological reactor, reducing the entire treatment
process to a single-step operation and replacing the clarifier of a conventional plant with an ultimate barrier
for biomass control.
- Almost all systems are now based on the significantly more energy efficient, immersed, hollow-fiber
membrane, which exhibits a very large membrane surface area.
- The large surface area in contact with the process fluid allows operation at very low trans-membrane
pressures. This, in turn, reduces fouling of the membrane surface and allows for extended periods of
operation with very low maintenance.